I know what you're thinking; 'slow news day' - and you'd be right.
'Doge is a slang term for “dog” that is primarily associated with pictures of Shiba Inus (nicknamed “Shibe”) and internal monologue captions on Tumblr. These photos may be photoshopped to change the dog’s face or captioned with interior monologues in Comic Sans font.'
- Source: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge
The internet has been taken by storm by the Doge meme several times with famed examples such as the 4chan raid of the Murica Reddit sub reddit-section, and the creation of the Doge sub-reddit. ROBLOX has fallen victim to the latest wave of Doge fever and thus references to the Shiba Inu 'Doge' have appeared all over ROBLOXia.
Here are some notable examples of the Doge takeover:
- 'Dogeness' - Most of you will know this game as 'Darkness' by loleris who has created two aliases in spirit of the Doge mood: Dogeris and Shedogesky (a personal favourite of mine). It would be cool if the monster that viscously hunts players down was adorned in Doge attire.
- All Things Doge - The prestigious and esteemed 'All Things ROBLOX' sub forum was changed to 'All Things Doge' for a short period highlighting the moderator's sense of humour (yes it does exist). It's nice that there is still a relaxed attitude towards the ROBLOX forums and the professionalism of their appearance - ROBLOX employees haven't turned into drab profiteers and businessmen, yet.
- Apocalypse Dogeing - The Apocalypse Rising everyone knew and loved has been removed to be replaced by the new and improved Dogeing! On a serious note, this was pretty funny and satisfied the cries of the masses (i.e Shedletsky). Sadly Gusmanak hasn't changed his username to Gusnmandoge - we can only dream.
- The Doge - The Stalker, a creation by none other than CloneTrooper1019, has been modified to meet the Doge needs of ROBLOXia. As you can see from the thumbnail Doge likes using short sentences to convey his complex emotions.
- Doge ball - Dodgeball as it was known previously, is a game by alexnewtron. This is an excellent play on words as the original title was very similar to Doge ball. It would be awesome if you got to fight a Doge boss. Sadly this latest fad will probably die before Alex gets round to it. That is the way of the world.
- Shibe Transparent - Why not make the most of this Doge occasion by purchasing the lovely Shibe t-shirt created by the popular ROBLOX forumer: weinmanj? For a price of 20 Tix it's a bargain. Alternatively you could make one for yourself for free, it really depends how lazy of a person you are.
There are plenty of other examples of Doge madness on the ROBLOX games page for you to check out!
And regarding the point of this article apart from the slight amusement of the reader; users will be able to use it as a reference to look nostalgically at the time of the 'great Doge' before everyone got bored of the fad (or the mods decided enough puppy business was enough).
I'll leave you with this wonderful quote from Shedletsky: "Cry Havok! And let slip the DOGEs of war!"
Thank for reading!
Editor of Roblox News